DOB – 25 /12/1988
EDUCATION- M.F.A IN PAINTING 2012, BHARTI VIDYAPEETH,PUNE UNIVERSITY
With a unique technique of Acrylic and pen, her work displays a uniform tenderness and grace with harsh truth behind it. Her work is not detailed but her intricate use of stippling is what make the forms stand out. She use very subtle hues that give a sense of soberness and calmness and has mainly worked in earthy colours like shades of burnt umber, honey and touch of crimson. Initially she started painting to express her own thoughts and feelings and then took toil from there itself. During her days in Pune, while pursuing her MFA, she started painting on womanhood and studied human faces and their expressions and moods.
In some of her artwork, she has used straight lines to depict certain forms, to show harsh reality of humans, especially in her paper works. Most of her painting themes are based on women.
Coming from a large clan, she generally fined herself connected to her roots and norms and tends to find love and peace within it. Like her painting- LOVE, Rachna says “It’s a bond of love between a mother and her child. The monument behind, depicts the female house and the forms behind the figure are the relations of that female. Despite the struggle the women face in her relations, she manages to survive her love for her child”.
Her work is very mature and is symbol of strength, love and calmness. Even if she doesn’t paint faces on her canvas, her artwork depicts feminism in any form.
- 1st position in Annual Art Exhibition, Bharati Kala Mahavidyalaya College of Fine Arts, Pune. (2011)
- 1st position in Annual Art Exhibition, Bharati Kala Mahavidyalaya College of Fine Arts, Pune. (2012)
- ART SOCIETY OF INDIA
93rd Annual Art Exhibition at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai. (2011)
- CADD IAF, National Art Exhibition at Open Palm Court Gallery India Habitat Center Lodhi Road, New Delhi. (2015)
- RAY OF HOPE, Art Exhibition organized by Kala Care Group at American Center, New Delhi. (2015)
- ART CAMP (F) at HABIT ART, Bangalore. (2011)
- A GROUP EXHIBITION BY YOUNG ARTISTS at Aparna Caur Art Gallery, New Delhi. (2011)
- SCARLETT 99 SHOW at Latit Kala Akademi, New Delhi. (2012)
- THE LEXICON ART SHOW at Ambience Mall, Gurgaon. (2012)
- THE ART WARM SHOW at Lokayata Art Gallery, New Delhi. (2012)
- DIVINE EXPRESSIONS at AIFACS, New Delhi. (2014)